just a few questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff34

Baseband Member
right now i have a dvd rom and a cd-r drive in my comp i want to get a dvd - r soon so i want to know if theres a way i can put it in without taking out one of the others?

also now i have a pata hard drive if i get a sata drive and i have booth hooked up?

thanks jeff

Yes you can add the new dvd-r and keep the other 3 devices.
If you want sata,it must be supported by your m/b.

it is supported but will it work with both of them? also how would i hook the 3 drive up?
thanks

You have 3 pata devices(hd,dvd-rom,cd-r) and you want to add a dvd-r pata drive?Right?That fine :)

Also you wan't to add one s-ata hd,if your m/b supports s-ata,that's fine too :)

but i have no way to hook it up to my motherboard. the pata cable only has 3 plugs 1 go to the mobo and the other 2 are used. so where would i hook the new drive?

thanks

You'd have to set on drive to master and one drive to slave. Since your motherboard most likely only has 2 IDE slots on the board there is a maximum of 4 drives that you can connect. Primary master, primary slave, secondary master, secondary slave. If there is no room left to install a new drive then you cna always buy an IDE card.

can i have the new drive pluged into the ide cable that my harddrive is pluged into? of will that not work?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom