- Q6700 is old and power hungry but still quite expensive so forget it, get a Q6600 or e8400, maybe a Q9550 if you feel like spending a little more cash.
- 8800GTS is old news, get a HD4850, blows the 8800GTS anway (Unfortunatly for me
- What type of DDR2, it varies hugely as you should know.
- I haven't ever used a decent soundcard so I've no experience with them. Rather I find the inbuilt codecs on the motherboards fine for me most of the time. - As for the motherboard, same old GA-EP45-DS3R for me
- Corsair 500VX power supply
- Xigmatek S1283 Cooler or OCZ Vendetta II
- Case is your preferance, big cases like the Antec tweleve hundred are easiest to work with but are..well...bigger
- Vista is perhaps worth the upgrade to at this stage but again thats your choice