Just built my monstor computer - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 12:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Cool glad to know I got the best thing for the money I had. I know I know this aint sh** compared to the computers you guys got but this one is my first since 4 years ago. My ole celeron barely runs far cry I was surprised that it actually installed.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hard Gay Nahalem! Fooo!

Send a message via AIM to NosBoost300

i'll tell you know.. that is a great first build, you're going to love it. Its way better than what i started out with... my crippled compaq with a 3500+ and onboard video O_O

Media Build:
Intel Core i3 3220 | Galaxy GTX 650 | 8 GB Corsair Vengeance | ASrock B75M | Samsung 840 120GB
Old 07-08-2006, 04:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to massacreinfallx

i would go with some cheaper ram, and then after price drops you could have gotten the 3800+
Old 07-08-2006, 07:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
There and Back again

good on ya... you got what you thought was the best for you and your budget and you went for it... No worries about what the others think... some people just like the bragging rights of have an exceptional system, AND having the budget to keep it up! congrats! let us know how it goes with the build when you get it, we're here if you need some help.

Dell 4K S2817Q / Logitech Z-680 / Func MS3 Mouse / Corsair K70 LUX rgb
NZXT Source 530 / i5-7600K / Corsair H100i v2 / ASRock Z270 Extreme4
SM951 M2 256GB / 850 evo 1TB / Seagate 2TB / WD 2TB
2x16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 / evga Classified GTX 980 ti / Seasonic M12II 850W

Old 07-08-2006, 07:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by nitestick
[rant]that is uncalled for, not helpful in the slightest. the pc is his monster computer. my first pc was a p166MMX. i got it about the time the P3 was hitting 1ghz. not exactly the latest and greatest, did i care? no. no-one can deny the urge to take over the world one gets when they get a "new" pc of any sorts . besides it's what you do with it that makes it a monster. i know personally that all of my pc's outperform my friends P3 733, despite the next most powerful CPU i have from this rig is a K6-2 475mhz. [/rant]

sorry for that, i took that kind of personal because i've had people "diss" my old computer like that

the video card is a good choice especially if it can be "unlocked". all in all i think the rig is pretty good by choice of parts, especially seeing as you've avoided all the mistakes i've seen some quite experienced people make
connect3D now laser-shut the extra pipes... and connect3D was the only brand that had x800gto unlock pipes.. and now none. the only ones that unlock (and guaranteed to unlock, and often come unlocked) are the x800gto^2.

oh, and nitestick, sorry, but neither of your comps are monsters.. ... literally i mean.. they're fine fine machines.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Get some cheaper ram; Kingston is usually expensive on theri HyperX line. You can actually pick up 2GB of great OCZ ram for that price.

Link: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...e=85229&ps=ho3

It's $160 after the mail-in-rebate.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by nitestick
[rant]that is uncalled for, not helpful in the slightest. the pc is his monster computer. my first pc was a p166MMX. i got it about the time the P3 was hitting 1ghz. not exactly the latest and greatest, did i care? no. no-one can deny the urge to take over the world one gets when they get a "new" pc of any sorts . besides it's what you do with it that makes it a monster. i know personally that all of my pc's outperform my friends P3 733, despite the next most powerful CPU i have from this rig is a K6-2 475mhz. [/rant]

sorry for that, i took that kind of personal because i've had people "diss" my old computer like that

the video card is a good choice especially if it can be "unlocked". all in all i think the rig is pretty good by choice of parts, especially seeing as you've avoided all the mistakes i've seen some quite experienced people make
Pop that tampon back in there tubby

Closed Thread