Just bought this tell me what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

updawg

Baseband Member
Case: Antec P180B $123.08
PSU: Enermax Liberty 620W $159.00
HD: Raptor 74GB (Quantity 2) $307.80
Optical 1: Lite-On DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe $44.99
Optical 2: Lite-On DVD-ROM $25.95

Total - $660.82 (including shipping)

I heald off on everything else with the new technology coming out. I'm waiting to see what my best options are!

Tell me what you think!

Thanks,
Mike

Very nice, that PSU is a bit overkill no? :-/

I like the Raptors, I have 1 myself and I personally think they are worth the money; most of the "slowness" I encounter with my PC is related to harddrive performance i.e. virus scans, defrags, install times etc. I can't wait for solid state HDDs to become standard :drool:

I plan on onverclocking so I need the high voltage and leaves room to upgrade in the future, but thanks!

Thanks.. now I'm in a pickle.. when I first started doing research I was going to overclock an opty 165 with a custom built water cooling system, but now I think I'm waiting for a conroe.. decisions decisions..

The hardware is fine, but your decision was stupid. The prices of those products will only get cheaper, and so you'll end up paying more in the end of all things. Plus, maybe there will be revisions or newer versions of that hardware.

As a general rule, never buy computer hardware if you aren't going to be using it ASAP.

I personally dislike Enermax and would stick with Antec, but there's really no point in asking for opinions on a setup if you've already purchased it ... only justice it does is to reassure (or aggravate) you.

I'm building this setup in June/July so I'd think its safe to get what I did now, also the enermax psu has modular cable support(with long cables needed for my case), nvidia sli certifiedand, pfc, and numerous positive reviews. Also 10,000 rpm drives are top of the line unless you are prepared to spend a fortune on scsi. The main reason I wanted to get these parts now was so I can visually see the room left and outfit it with a custom water build. I wasn't really looking for input on the purchase as you stated, because I already bought it, I just thought I'd share my purchase.

Thanks,
Mike

enermax is an amazingly strong brand

this is comming from a guy with a lot of experience with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom