Just bought an Open box mobo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx7i2

In Runtime
Ok, I just ordered a TForce 550 open box mobo from newegg, for 50 bucks. Just wanted to know: what exactly am I losing from an open box than a brand new mobo, anyone with experience tell me if it is any different or not, and if it came with the driver cd's?

well you run the risk of something being damaged. after all most open boxed items are returned merchandise, and if the reseller cant find a problem with it repackaged as open box items. it might not come with drivers but thats no big deal as you can download them easily.

Its basically refurbished. Except its almost garunteed to have been defective at some point. And it should come w/ driver cd's... and if u were wondering, y didnt u ask b4 u ordered it? lol.

****, it was 50 bucks, so I got this instead w/ an Arctic cooling freezer 64 cooler..Well, I'm not doing anything extreme(no raid and such), just overclocking , think I'll be fine?

it isnt necessarily defective, man.
someone could've just rma'd it because they didnt like it. they're a retard and bought an am2 board for an s939 cpu, etc etc. people do dumb sh** like that all the time.
if it doesnt have the driver cd, you can EASILY find them on the internet.
it wont have the ide cables or sata cables perhaps.

someone could've just rma'd it because they didnt like it. they're a retard and bought an am2 board for an s939 cpu, etc etc. people do dumb sh** like that all the time.

loads of idiots in the world.......

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better lol
Edit: I just found out that my hard drive was an open box model when I bought it, my older 80gb Hitachi, and it's been working for me for more than a year and a half, still going strong w/out a problem

Agree. My current mb is an open box item...and runs like a champ! I've also purchased refurb in the past and I've been lucky enough not to get bad refurb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom