Just bought new computer looking for insite

xb1ack_assas1nx

Solid State Member
Just bought a Alienware 14 2013 netbook/laptop.

Specs
Processor
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz)
Operating System
Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit, English
Display
14" WLED FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare Display
Memory
16GB* Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
Hard Drive
750GB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200 RPM)
Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 755M with 2GB GDDR5
Optical Drive
Slot-Loading 8x SuperMulti Drive (DVD/R/RW)
Case Color
Silver-Anodized Aluminum
Wireless
Killer NIC 1202 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
Primary Battery
6-cell Lithium Ion 69 wHr
Support
2 Year Alienware Premium Support and accidental
Weight
6.11 lbs

Is this a really good laptop it'll be here the 30th of this month and I want to know what I'm really getting. I've looked online and it say it one of the best gaming laptops out there. One of dells employees also recommended this laptop and said it'll will play next gen games with steller graphics

Slight work of tongue on the employees part. Next gen graphics will be stellar, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to max games out. In this case, the GT755m will be able to play games relatively easy for right now minus a couple. The big hitters being Crysis 3 and Last Light, BF4 may pose a threat maxed out. It's always good to remember one rule of thumb, laptop parts are slower than their desktop parts. So a 755 is going to be nowhere near something like a GTX760. More like a 650ti, if you're lucky.

Idk, how much did you pay for this thing? If you paid over 2g IMO you got ripped off pretty badly. The Razer Blade is exceptionally overpriced for what you get, and even the non Pro model comes with an SSD and a 765m for less than 2g. Just something to think about.

Well Razer claims that they can max out every game on their Blade with the 765m, but their 14" has a lower resolution than your Alienware. I have a feeling the 765m is going to start struggling pretty quickly.

It's decent, but you could have had better for the money. Complete honest truth right there. In laptops you want to try to get THE best GPU that you can possibly get. It's pricey, but laptop GPUs are literally like half the power of their desktop counterparts. Meaning they get outdated very quickly in terms of power.

Ok thanks for helping me understand it better, I'm not only gaming its also for business. One other question does games like call of duty 4 and garrysmod have a good player base still

Back
Top Bottom