Just bought a new Computer. Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boma

In Runtime
I purchased this Gateway Box with Q9300 CPU, 4GB RAM, 3450 video card. I got it for $499 + tax!!! Now it went up to $629 :)

Link:

Micro Center - LX4710-01

How did I do? I bought it with the intention of swapping out the vid card and playing Company of Heroes, L4D, etc. with it. :)

for that price i would have expected some sort of monitor.
not too bad i suppose considering the same specs in the same price range, usually with Q6600 chips. not sure how a Q9300 would compare, i know the cache is larger.

but tbh you always pay more for pre-assembled systems.

price is decent but with prebuilts you always get crap parts for motherboard, PSU, and RAM..so that kinda makes the "good deal" go sour :\

I just ordered up a build for someone thats cost $554.46 after shipping, tax, and rebates. Heres the specs:

Antec Three Hundred
CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX
JetWay JHA06-GT
BIOSTAR TA790GXB
OCZ Reaper 8GB
ASUS EAH4670
Western Digital 640GB
LG Black 22x

So I'd say no on the good deal. Especially since I assume you paid about the same after tax.

That's not a bad deal at all, drop the ram down to 4gb for him and use the extra cash for a better video card since he is upgrading anyway and there would have been a very good build for under 600. To the OP - Don't get too down on yourself, at least it wasn't a rip off, it will still be a decent machine with a new graphics card.

I just ordered up a build for someone thats cost $554.46 after shipping, tax, and rebates. Heres the specs:

Antec Three Hundred
CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX
JetWay JHA06-GT
BIOSTAR TA790GXB
OCZ Reaper 8GB
ASUS EAH4670
Western Digital 640GB
LG Black 22x

So I'd say no on the good deal. Especially since I assume you paid about the same after tax.

...You have two motherboards and no processor? I think you got ripped! haha..

I purchased this Gateway Box with Q9300 CPU, 4GB RAM, 3450 video card. I got it for $499 + tax!!! Now it went up to $629 :)

Link:

Micro Center - LX4710-01

How did I do? I bought it with the intention of swapping out the vid card and playing Company of Heroes, L4D, etc. with it. :)

could have done better but for $500 the only thing worth using out of that is the CPU and the HDD/DVD drive. you not going to overclock with it because the mobo wont let you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom