This Just In. 9800gx2 = 8800gt Sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm really on the fence with this one, cant go SLI because i love my maximus but am not impressed too much with the 3870x2.....

I'd be more inclined toward SLI if Nvidia chipsets were as good as they used to be with the Nforce4 series.

...at this point I have my heart set on the X48-T2R, so that means either crossfire or another single gpu setup.

Wow. Thanks a lot for the post.

I'm on the fence about it as well. Still not sure what I'm going to do.

2x 8800GTS's are on par with the 9800X2 most of the time. And for a bit cheaper.

if I were you I'd sell your 8800GTS and buy 2 9600gt's...

Huh? They only have 64 stream processors. My two 8800gts in Sli can't be touched by two of those 9600's and the cost is the same given the market cost decreases for the 8800gts 320mb cards.

i'm really on the fence with this one, cant go SLI because i love my maximus but am not impressed too much with the 3870x2.....

Wow. Thanks a lot for the post.

I'm on the fence about it as well. Still not sure what I'm going to do.

2x 8800GTS's are on par with the 9800X2 most of the time. And for a bit cheaper.

hopefully yall won't be on the fence much longer. When the 4870 and 4870x2 come out, we will see what is really worth the money. No reason to get this now.. Unless you demand crysis at barely playable fps on full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom