I've rethought my first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

Solid State Member
This originally started out as a simple upgrade to my machine, an till people started suggesting new parts, new stuff. I was planning to build a new computer a while ago, but I could not afford the parts. Now I've switched to AMD, and its more affordable.
This video is what necessarily inspired me for an AMD machine...

This is what Ive come up with. I think all these parts will perform very well. If its not that high end sorry for posting here, it does seem high end to me.

:Mother Board: $89.99

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

:processor: $169.99

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

:Memory: $74.99

Newegg.com - SUPER TALENT 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

:Case and Power Supply: $69.99

Newegg.com - XION II XON-101 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply - Computer Cases

:Cooling Compound: $5.99

Newegg.com - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

:Extra GPU: $42.99

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH3450/HTP/512M Radeon HD 3450 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
(Power is about doubled if I get this...)

:Removable Media: $17.99 - $159.99
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DH-16D3S-04 - CD / DVD Drives
(Deciding wether to get Blue-Ray or not...)
Newegg.com - Sony NEC Optiarc Black 8X DVD-ROM 24X CD-ROM SATA Blu-ray DVD-ROM Drive Model BR-5100S - CD / DVD Drives

I think its pretty good, will preform well, the 2 graphics cards will work and run together, will run TONS of games, has HD, very efficient, and much more.

ok, this is your agent calling. Your playing it way under the top and need to get serious man.

q6600
p5q
g.skill 4gb 800mhz
520hx
tx-2
8800gs

Wow dude... you got an ok quad-core and a totally weak video card... and Hybrid Crossfire isn't as powerful as they say but it is pretty good

drop the Phenom for now... that one you have is the B2 one with the Erratum Bug, get either a 5000+ Black Edition or the Intel Core 2 Duo e2200

Keep that board if you go AMD, get a EP35-DS3L if you want Intel

Even though that RAM is 4gb the Timings and Cas Latency pretty much stink (4-4-4-12 at Cas 4 is better)

XION make cheap plastic cases IMHO and their PSU's aren't that good (its on the avoid list.. also integrated PSU's are mostly bad..)

AS5 is good at best but TX-2 is better and around the same price

Don't look at the Blu-Ray yet, its still too pricey to worth considering right now...

Hybrid Crossfire is decent, but it isn't that great to max out a lot of games.. a good High End 8800gs or HD 3850 can outperform that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom