Ive got 1200 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That case is complete overkill, a waste of money in my opinion. I'd rather spend my money on the inside rather than on the outside.
And with waiting for things to come out, ivy bridge is supposed to give a 15% increase in speed apparently. So things are entirely up to you, if you were keen on overclocking your cpu ivy bridge might not be that important to you.

On top of this, with the speed the electronics industry moves at today, there is really never a best time to purchase anything as things always loose value and performance over time. I made the issue of holding off when I purchased my gtx 260 (216) for $400. A month later they released the gtx 270 from nowhere. The gtx 260 lost value considerably after this.

That's just my 2 cents though!

Heister,

The Thermaltake Level 10 GT computer case is a totally killer case! I saw the display model at Fry's and it is built like a tank, and has tons of options. This case was designed with the help of people from BMW...that in itself says a lot.

I may be wrong, but I read some articles that stated the Ivy Bridge will be selling around the $1000 mark...and that most general PC enthusiasts, will have difficulty biting. But in December, the Intel Ivy Bridge prices were leaked and they look quite appealing.

Yes, you may want to wait until April!

Soar

Attachments

• ivybride prices.JPG
    ivybride prices.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 33
Ivy bridge is supposed to be comparable price wise to the current sandy bridge cpu's. It's just a matter of if you want to wait or not, it's not as if you would be struggling with a 2500k now anyway :)

Thanks for the imput guys, the main reason I wanted to wait was to see what the Ivy bridge offered and als to see if it had downward pressure on the current 2011 chips. They are currently like 500 bucks if you can find one. I am going to order some stuff over the next few months. Mainly stuff that doesnt affect performance directly like that new case if I decide to get it as well as a blueray drive a SSD if a good one goes on sale.

No worries, if you wait more lga 2011 cpu's will come out in the near future anyway which may cost less than the current crops. And in most cases a sandy bridge cpu will work nearly as well as a sandy bridge-e for general use.

Thanks guys, I will be waiting until April when the new ivy bridge cpus are released. This gives me two advantages. One things will be cheaper then, and two it will allow me to spread my purchasing out so that when the time does come I wont have to buy things like a PSU, a case (which on further inspection I have decided i really do need the airflow in my old case will not do at all. I sold the rig in my sig I need to change that.) a bluray drive. Little things of that nature that really do tack on a bit of a cost to the total. What do you guys think of this combo for case and psu?

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

I really like that case it matches my apartment as far as the modern styling is concerned.

On the most part, most cases combined with a psu aren't worth it. That PSU should cover things fine, I'd say up to two graphics card configurations would be the most you'd be able to get out of that power supply. But you must remember that the graphics card you purchase doesn't require two 8 pin connectors if you wanted to configure them in crossfire/sli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom