I've been away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puressence

In Runtime
Hey All,
I've been away from the forums for a while. Mostly because I have been working my rear off. I'm back now because work has slowed down a bit for me as of late. Wanted to get some help from you guys in building my computer. Got the HAF painted. Have all the parts ready to go. I think the most difficult part for me will be the initial programming and setting up the RAID 0 configuration. Oh well, time to get started. I also wanted to thank the admins/mods for the birthday greetings a few weeks back. Not sure if that is an automatic thing, but its a nice touch either way.

Here are the links from numerous months ago about my build:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/please-help-core-i7-build-200938/

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/spray-paint-haf-932-interior-203475/

Thanks,
-Pure

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.techist.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3612&stc=1&d=1252610924
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So here is the HAF after paint. It didn't come out perfect as you can see. Please keep criticism of the paint job to yourself. I'm happy with it how it is, especially since it is my first ever spray paint job. Also, I threw up pics of the motherboard with RAM, CPU, and core contact retention bracket installed. Anyone with the Biostar TPower X58 MB needs to know that per Biostar's website, the RAM modules need to be installed in the orange slots for a triple channel configuration. It took me some time on google to figure that out. I also put up some pics of the CPU on the motherboard because I was surprised at how much pressure it took to close the "latch." I hope this is normal. More work and pics to follow of course. Can anyone offer advice on the order at which I should proceed in regards to MB installation into the case, video card installation, core contact installation etc. Does it even matter? I figured I'd get as much done outside the case as I can and then insert the motherboard with GPU, Core Contact etc etc into the case. Any advice would be appreciated as this is a new process for me.
Thanks,
-Pure

The pic didn't come through. :( You can always go over the paint job with some sandpaper and put on a cover coat. ;)

Really? I'm seeing them on my end in my prior post. Hmmmm. I tried the sanding thing, with a very fine grain sand paper. And it pretty much took off nearly all of my numerous coats of paint. I wish CoolerMaster would just send make them with a black interior option. I imagine they don't for those who want to paint them a color other than black. Oh well. Thanks for the advice trotter. I guess if nobody else can see the images, I will try to repost them. I put up seven of them.

To use IMG tags you need to host the pics elsewhere, like Imageshack or Photobucket.

That link didn't work for me....what kind of paint job did you end up going with? I don't know what kind of paint you used but any time I paint with a gloss I always sand down afterwards to bring out the shine...800grit out the worst problems (dust, orange peel), then 1500 and finally 2000. Once done with the 2000 I use a car polishing compound and finally a buffing swirl remover. The more coats and time you put in the better the finish. The end result is almost mirror like if you buff long enough. I've had some relatively bad paint jobs that I've fixed that way....may work for you?

Just be careful with the 800 grit, is easy to go through a low spot on your paint job and then you're screwed, will have to re-paint that whole piece. I've done that a few times....especially if I'm sanding and watching TV at the same time :p

Okay, I'll try to repost those pics in a few minutes since nobody can see them. I painted the case a flat black by the way. Check back in a few minutes for the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom