It's Alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
Thanks to the quick help of a few forum members here, my new system is up and running! I'm still configuring bios, but no system beeps and everything seems to be going fine. All the led parts are lit up, the fans are going, bios recognizes the cpu and ram...so far so good!

Here are the specs. I might add pics later if I can.

Case: Antec 900
Mobo: Asus P5W Deluxe
PSU: Seasonic 550w Energy+
CPU: Intel e6600
Ram: 2gb Patriot Extreme DDR2-800
HD: 150gb WD Raptor, 320gb Seagate Barricuda
DVD: Pioneer DVR-112D, LG CD/DVD-Rom
Cooler: stock heatsink for now, the one I want is out of stock..

This is my first build so I'm happy as **** right now :D

Thanks.

Having some troubles now though :( Was going to upgrade BIOS first but it won't run the .rom file off my usb stick for some reason, even though the manual says it should. So, I was going to install the OS and then update the BIOS through Windows. Started the installation, but when I select the hd I want to install Vista to it says "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria."

Anybody know how I can fix this?!

Thanks.

Having some troubles now though :( Was going to upgrade BIOS first but it won't run the .rom file off my usb stick for some reason, even though the manual says it should. So, I was going to install the OS and then update the BIOS through Windows. Started the installation, but when I select the hd I want to install Vista to it says "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria."

Anybody know how I can fix this?!

It seems as if the hard drive you want to install vista on isent Vista compatible. Thats the only thing I can possible think of. Maybe you could try installing Windows XP?

Both are incompatible? What are the chances of that. The only thing I can think of is they're both Sata hd's...

Anybody know of the P5W having problems with Sata and how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom