It's Alive!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hey I've been posting topics since last summer about what I should get ect. Well, after two days of building, work, building, work, it's finally alive and well today!!! Here is the setup:

Intel Core 2 Duo e6600 @2.4 Ghz w/ Zalman LED 2 ball heatsink and AS5
2x1GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 800
Sapphire x1950PRO 256mb
Gigabyte DS3 965p mobo
Soundblaster X-Fi Xtrememusic
OCZ 700W GameXtreme
NZXT Apollo Blue
Samsung DVD-R/RW
Western Digital 250GB 16m HDD @ 7200rpm

I haven't had a truly good gaming pc yet, and this is my first. It is amazing. It booted fine on it's first try, and I had Windows and all the drivers, anti-virus, spyware/adware stuff on it before I knew it. Then, I played Halo at max detail and BF2142 the same with no problem.

But then again, I'm only running a 15 inch. LCD @ 1024x768 :(. And, the X-Fi can do way more if it had some Logitec Z-5500s behind it. But everything's configured and running like a charm. Setting up my mic headset through onboard sound rather and making only the voice playback coming out the mic was a bit of a pain, but I tested it and it seems ok. I have yet to take this rig online gaming wise.

Meh, I'm going to have to plug in a mobile HDD into my old rig and pull the 2000 songs I have off of it, and get Itunes on this.

I have one more question. I need to get the wires organized in this thing. But there is a ton of them. Can you guys explain some techniques as far as organizing wires go? Mine are kind of shoved to an empty corner of the tower right now, but I'm looking to fix it tomorrow. Thanks, and thanks for assisting me on this build.

Lucky, I only have a 3500 venice. but a 7900gs :D

you will have fun with it, I know when I first built this thing I wass in awwhhww

Tuck the unused wires behind the motherboard tray if possible and if you can, pick up a bunch of little zip ties and go to town. Congrats on the new machine.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, zip ties. I looked around my house, there wasn't any. Then I went to the local Target and they were sold out. I didn't feel like going to Lowes. My dad has a bunch tho, I'll grab some from his house tomorrow.

i just wrap all my wires with colored electrical tape, looks great. it helps to round the ide cables, lot cleaner look, and if theres a space u cant see, try and shove (err....fold and set) the wires in there. zup ties work wonders, u can even get some of those plastic wire clips that have the hole in it and screw it into a screw somewhere by its final resting place to hold it out of the way if it is a rebel and trys to pop back out into the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom