Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Noob

In Runtime
Hi my computer has been running slower than ever... when i open Bf2 the main menu lags. so does the music even, and when i try to load a map, that music lags also and it takes about 5 days (exaggeration) :p and then the game shuts down when i press join game. I took it to the geek squad because i had already tried alot of things like defragging, deleting internet stuff and things like that. but they ran a "diagnostics" and didnt come up with anything wrong. and so when we got it back and it still sucked, we brought it back and they did an "advanced diagnostics" (for free yes!) but didnt find anything. So i pretty much dont know what to do next. I have an emachines T6420 with 1gb of RAM, 200gb hd, AMD 3400+, Thermaltake 430w PS, and the onboard video is nvidia 6100, i had a 6800GS but i had to get an RMA so im waiting for that, but the problem still occured when the card was working.

I have read some threads where people had a similar problem to mine, and got suggestions like reformatting, (i dont know how to do that) cooling issues, and just upgrading the system.

I would just like to add that the issue occured after playing bf2 for like 3-4 hours so i dont know if something overheated or not?

If upgrading is the answer, what part should i upgrade?

thx

yes i deffinatly think that its just that your system isnt fast enough to run it.

i say kick the ram up to 2gb and GET A GPU

how do youexpect to play games with onboard graphics? lol

massacreinfallx said:
yes i deffinatly think that its just that your system isnt fast enough to run it.

i say kick the ram up to 2gb and GET A GPU

how do youexpect to play games with onboard graphics? lol

He had a 6800, and it gave him the same problems! And 1 GB RAM is enough to play BF2, regardless of what everyone want you to believe. If it happens after a couple of hours, it's quite possible overheating. Download Lavalys Everest, and tell us your CPU temps.

lol calm down... i said i have a 6800GS coming in off an RMA. and i could run the game b4 just fine with onboard, and the problem still occured with the old 6800gs. But i dont plan on upgrading or anything until i get that 6800 and then i'll see if it still happens

thx though lol :D

whoops didnt see magousters post. i'll try that temp business.

magouster said:
He had a 6800, and it gave him the same problems! And 1 GB RAM is enough to play BF2, regardless of what everyone want you to believe. If it happens after a couple of hours, it's quite possible overheating. Download Lavalys Everest, and tell us your CPU temps.

oh yeah i missed that, butstill NOW hes trying to play with out a graphics card..

get oneee.

oh yeah... and the lag happens not only in bf2 but just when i open a program like xfire for example

well i downloaded the home edition because i wasnt about to buy the other one... and when i click on my processor it shows me the drivers and some other stuff but no temps.. maybe im not at the right thing but help?

Expand the "Computer" link on the left of the page, and then click sensor. That should bring up the temperatures page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom