issue of hanging wires in a case - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie

If you can't tie them up to your satisfaction, you could alway cut off the hanging parts. It'll really unclutter your case too.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

-- John Stuart Mill
Old 12-16-2005, 10:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Static_11 Send a message via Yahoo to Static_11

never cut wires...

Old 12-16-2005, 11:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Static_11
never cut wires...

Why not ?

When i sleeved my psu i cut off a couple I say if you don't need em then clip em
Old 12-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
DBD
Super Techie

Ya.. if your not going to use them, Cut them off Just make sure you leave enough lenght to tape/cap them off and If you need them later you can alweese reatatch them
Old 12-16-2005, 05:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Static_11
never cut wires...
Why not? You just have to be careful....put down some foam so the sparks don't destroy your components, and wear thick gloves (rubber or leather), so you don't get shocked when you cut into the wires.

And ALWAYS makes sure you have a jug of water nearby... if a stray spark starts a fire in your rig, you'll need to pit it out *real* quick, or you could cause some serious damage. From my experience, water puts out fire fast, so just dump a bunch of it on the fire and you should prevent any serious damage to your rig. If you're not sure how much to use, just put some more on there.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

-- John Stuart Mill
Old 12-16-2005, 06:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master Techie

jokes apart

some of the wires were touching the processor's fan and were creating this jet engine noise.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master Techie

Just start tucking wire's behind anything you can,Before i put my new board in i drilled hole's in the motherboard tray,That way i could hide some of the wire's but still be able to use them and get rid of the clutter
Old 12-17-2005, 04:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
Master Techie

thanks for the suggestion dude
Old 12-17-2005, 10:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to zerodayATK

ifyou wanna get custom you could sleeve the wires whti a colred sleeve and put lights on it to make it look sick!!!

FORMERLY THEYOYOKID303
Old 12-17-2005, 12:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to RadRacer

Quote:
Originally posted by CitizenCain
Why not? You just have to be careful....put down some foam so the sparks don't destroy your components, and wear thick gloves (rubber or leather), so you don't get shocked when you cut into the wires.

And ALWAYS makes sure you have a jug of water nearby... if a stray spark starts a fire in your rig, you'll need to pit it out *real* quick, or you could cause some serious damage. From my experience, water puts out fire fast, so just dump a bunch of it on the fire and you should prevent any serious damage to your rig. If you're not sure how much to use, just put some more on there.
It's called unpluggin the PS. lol. No sparks, no fires, no water needed.

80G Seagate Baracuda 7200.7
GeForce FX5500 (PCI) OCed to 300/500
am I missing anything?

^DEAD^

Now: Toshiba Sattelite L35-S2161 running Ubuntu :)
Closed Thread