IP35-E Problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Riznarf
Default IP35-E Problems

I just purchased an IP35-E and hooked everything up (properly) and the system booted on for a few seconds. My case speaker let out a long solid beep, and then the system shut down. It restarted only to shut down almost immediately. I then had to recycle my PSU switch to be able to boot again. After recycling the PSU switch I pressed the power button. The fans started up, (no error beeps this time) and the system almost immediately shuts down. The light next to the RAM slots is a single steady red light (not sure what that means.) Any help?

ASRock H67M
i7-2500k @ 3.30
eVGA gtx 570 @ 880/1000
2x 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333
Corsair 600w PSU
3DMark 11: 6595
Old 11-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to Okitasoshi
Default Re: IP35-E Problems

ya know, I was just about to post the exact same question, as mine does the same thing minus the long beep. I thought maybe the board shorted out and maybe I put a spacer in the wrong place, so I took off the motherboard and found I had put a spacer in the wrong spot, so I remove it and tried booting again and it starts, but then shuts down, then starts again then shuts down again repeatedly.

I'm thinking it might be my PSU as it's a Cooler Master 550W with 32Amps, and I run a X1900XT, but when I took out the video card just to see it it booted, it still didn't work.

I thought the board mighta shorted or something, but wouldn't the system not boot at all?

Old 11-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Riznarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okitasoshi View Post
ya know, I was just about to post the exact same question, as mine does the same thing minus the long beep. I thought maybe the board shorted out and maybe I put a spacer in the wrong place, so I took off the motherboard and found I had put a spacer in the wrong spot, so I remove it and tried booting again and it starts, but then shuts down, then starts again then shuts down again repeatedly.

I'm thinking it might be my PSU as it's a Cooler Master 550W with 32Amps, and I run a X1900XT, but when I took out the video card just to see it it booted, it still didn't work.

I thought the board mighta shorted or something, but wouldn't the system not boot at all?
ya i thought mine might have shorted too, but i took it out of the case and still same problem. i took off the cpu, same problem, i think its a problem with our power supplies, the problem being a voltage delay. i would rma your PSU and see if that helps.

ASRock H67M
i7-2500k @ 3.30
eVGA gtx 570 @ 880/1000
2x 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333
Corsair 600w PSU
3DMark 11: 6595
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riznarf View Post
ya i thought mine might have shorted too, but i took it out of the case and still same problem. i took off the cpu, same problem, i think its a problem with our power supplies, the problem being a voltage delay. i would rma your PSU and see if that helps.
what sucks is I already sent in the Mail in rebate >.<, so i can't refund I don't think.

RMA might work, but I'd prefer to get a high quality PSU, but I'll have to talk to my friend about that, as it's his computer (I made a thread about it a week ago).
Old 11-14-2007, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Just in case it isn't my power supply I want to make sure if I RMA the PSU it comes back and works. So what else could it possibly be? and is my PSU enough? I don't want to RMA just to find out that it was broken but just the system is too much.

then again it should be able to handle an X1900XT and E2160. However any other ideas are greatly appreciated.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

yeah it wasn't the power supply, I RMA'd it, hooked it up again and got the same problem, were you ever able to fix it?

I hooked the PSU up to my current rig (3700+,6800GT rig) and it boots up no problem.

so the problem is the motherboard then?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
True Techie

alright so it turns out newegg is out of IP35-E's for RMA so I'm going to refund for a new motherboard, I need one for about the same price, does anybody have any suggestions?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

gigabyte p35-ds3l
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 12-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to zerodayATK

^^ Thats a nice mobo...

FORMERLY THEYOYOKID303
Closed Thread