Interesting Sound Problem with new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Here is the situation. I have a Creative X-Fi Extreme Sound Card, but my Mobo has its own Sound in it (P5B Deluxe). The problem is, if I have the X-Fi Drivers AND the SoundMax (P5B Sound Drivers) Installed, I get computer freezes/Sound Distortion (typical Driver Conflict Symptoms) However, when I remove SoundMax Drivers, I get a "Add New Software Wizard" for "PCI Device" on PC Startup, the problem is, is if I click Cancel, the Add New Software wizard reappears 3 or 4 more times, and it happens EVERY time I start the PC! I tried Disabling the PCI Device in Device Manager, but to no avail. Can someone please help me correct this.

Thanks
Joe

did you disable onboard sound in the bios?
also, try removing both sets of drivers and the card.
then only install the x-fi card and drivers (make sure you've disabled onboard in bios).
i always suggest that if you are having pci sound card problems...move the card to another slot. you'd be surprised how often that solves a lot of problems...

Ok, Disabled Sound in BIOs, removed Mobo On-Board Drivers, and removed, and re-installed the X-Fi Sound.....But I occasionally still get the same problem: Computer Freezes and I get a high pitched/distorted sound on my PC, and I have to reboot........what is causing this!!?!?

perhaps the card itself is bad. if you can, switch it to another computer.
if it does it, bad card.
if it doesnt...urgggg bad mobo?
are the drivers you installed the latest?
if so, try using older ones.

If it is the card, I wonder if it is too late to return it to NewEgg I have the box still.........its only been about 2 weeks...

I have both Realtek AC97 and X-Fi drivers on my pc with a ds3 965p mobo and I have no problem. I just force all of my playback stuff going to my speakers to go through my sound card, not my onboard.

Try this:

Go to control Panel
Click sounds, speech, and audio devices
Click sounds and audio devices properties
Click the "audio" tab
Be sure your default playback device is "SB X-Fi Audio)

This makes all of my sound go through my card to my speakers. However, I keep my onboard running to, and use my headset coming from my onboard audio ports to take care of voice communication on things like teamspeak. I never get interference between the two. Obviously, my onboard audio is not disabled in the BIOS due to me using it for voice communication. It's just a matter of routing the right sources to the right outputs.

Well I was looking over at the Creative Forums, and it sounds like alot of the X-Fi cards have this problem, so its an isolated Sound Card issue. I just RMA'd my Sound Card and will use On-Board until I can figure out which Non-Creative Sound Card to get...

Do I have any IRQ Conflicts (Picture Inside)

IRQ.jpg

Specifically Im referring to PCI 23 at the bottom. That is my Sound Card down there, but I have no idea what a Universal Host controller, and need to know if that is conflicting with my sound card, or if it is suppost to be there.

Basically I have a crashing Sound Card.

Its either
A.) Faulty Sound Card (Many X-Fi owners have the same problem as me with a Faulty Sound Card)

or

B.) I have an IRQ Conflict

Please adivse,
thanks
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom