interesting conclusion to an AMD/intel comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: intersting conclusion to an AMD/intell comparison

Review on TLB bios patch
Phenom TLB patch benchmarked - The Tech Report - Page 1

Takes about a 14% performance hit overall, and in synthetic memory tests all the way up to 57%.

And I've been thinking this for awhile, this TLB thing should have been spotted long before Phenom was presented publicly and certainly shows that AMD is not on top of things. Let's hope the new revision fixes everything.

according to dailytech, the 9700 will have the bug too but AMD is releasing it anyway, WTF??!!

DailyTech - Understanding AMD's "TLB" Processor Bug

idk how to quote so this is the best i can do:

"The delayed Phenom 9700 is affected by the TLB bug, though AMD insiders tell DailyTech the upcoming 2.6 GHz Phenom 9900 is not affected. This indicates Phenom 9900 will carry the B3-stepping designation."

that firefox one took a hit badly. will this decrease in perf be fixed in future revisions?
what exactly is it measuring in Firefox?

I would hardly think an uber quad core CPU will make a real difference in how well you can browse the internet!
I mean, if all I wanted to was browse the net, I could do that easily on a 500MHZ Via Eden processor with integrated graphics.

Oh heh i never really read the sig as that. I thought it was just making fun of the dumbing down of the country by MTV. And yes, i'm 30, but you couldnt tell by looking at me. I'm one of those old guys who still looks young.

I'm 23 in my 1st year at Uni (again) so I'm with all kinds of 18-19 year olds. Sometimes makes me feel ancient.

I still look 16 though so you'd never know it.

hrmm felt like bringing up something old.. and pointing out you spelled intel wrong.. lol

i also spelled "interesting" wrong...lol i type fast sometimes.
speaking of spelling...gonorrhea, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom