Interested in buying a new Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh1

Beta member
Hey everyone I'm new to these forums,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me look into building a new desktop,
The computer would mainly be used for gaming.

The game I am specifically building the computer for is "Crysis"

Here are the apparent details for the game;

Recommended Requirements:

* CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
* Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
* RAM: 1.5Gb
* HDD: 6GB
* Optical Drive: DVD
* Software: DX10 with Windows Vista
Plus maybe for the computer to be better then whats said for it to run the game smoothly at a high quality of detail.

Would anybody be able to help me figure out how much a computer of this standard would cost?
Plus what motherboard etc. would be needed to run it.

Any help on this matter would be great.

Thankyou. :)

no...

for the game to run smoothly at high detail for decent resolutions with dx10 effects, you'd need atleast an 8800 gts 640mb, or maybe even a 8800 GTX

pentium D is terrible, go with C2D for gaming or even C2DE if you want to be a bit more futureproof

6 GB hard drive? You'd have major problems playing on that... your supposed to have around 25 GB free space at all times, 15 minimum

get 2 gigs (2x1gb) so they can run dual channel for your mem configuration

I didnt mean thats what i recommend.
thats what the site says for our computer to have avalible.

Any idea of around how much this is going to cost?

Hey Leigh1
Welcome-to-TF.png

You can build a computer capable of playing Crysis, with acceptable framerates, for about $800-1000+.

I didnt mean thats what i recommend.
thats what the site says for our computer to have avalible.

Any idea of around how much this is going to cost?

no...

for the game to run smoothly at high detail for decent resolutions with dx10 effects, you'd need atleast an 8800 gts 640mb (~325), or maybe even a 8800 GTX (~500)

pentium D is terrible, go with C2D (40-200) for gaming or even C2DE (100-300) if you want to be a bit more futureproof

6 GB hard drive? You'd have major problems playing on that... your supposed to have around 25 GB free space at all times, 15 minimum (20-200)

get 2 gigs (2x1gb) so they can run dual channel for your mem configuration (30-120)

there you go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom