Intel's Future Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
if youre going to ask a quetions thats been answerd mulitple times, you could atlesat attempt to ask it in proper english.

"when new intels will come out?"

come on man.

I must say im looking forward to the future :) personally I dont care who wins the processor war I just buy whats best for me. Whether it be intel or AMD competition helps push prices down and speed up Technological progress.

Does anyone know if IBM`s cell processor will be coming to desktop pc`s or will it remain in the server and console market?

And is intel planning on a new motherboard chipset?

Yea whats to be of an nF5 or something? I heard stuff but never any hard facts. Im w/ him, im an AMD fanboy but ill buy w/e pwns what. Same w/ ATI and Nvidia, whoever is the best ill buy, yet iman Nvidia fanboy.

There is no point for a 32 core CPU.C'mon games only use a single anyways.These new CPU's are just intel dreaming and giving out info to make people Like you guys get sucked into it.There problay wont make these cores for atleast 5 years.AMD will still own Intel.AMD has always been better than intel for as long as I've been building COmputers.Intels Cpu's are 90nm just like AMD and they still run hotter.So what if they ave high Clock speeds Thats just a high Multiplier, Useless and I'd rather overclock a any AMD core over An intel.If you want intel Buy a DELL.If you want a real computer make it yourself with an AMD.

games will utilise more cores in the future especially console games , oblivion and F.E.A.R already use more than one core. And I use my pc for graphical work and programming so the more cores the better.

Although posting such a thing fr34ky seems like an obvlious attempt to start a flame war :amazed:

eh does it have to be branded as a Server Processor these are power processors the way you think eveyrone would be forced to call the Opterons server processors. And these also use the new architecture meaning they are more efficiant and do more with lower clock speeds than AMD so fr34ky seems a bit misinformed and is still using outdated AMD arguments that everyone used myself included a few months ago.

True, these specs sound really nice on paper, but you know the socket they use will be a specialized server one whose motherboards cost over $200, not to mention that these will generate heat like crazy and cost upwards of $500. Sobering, no? Go AMD!

fr34ky and Orayn's posts were sad to read. So misinformed...

The socket that Conroe uses will be the same one that Intel P4s use right now, the 2.4GHz Dual Core Conroe (beating a 2.8GHz FX-60) will cost $315, cheaper than the Opteron 165 is right now. They will run on close to 50W so they will be some of the coolest (literally) processors around.

Misinformation is a sad crime.

what processor they are all to be released at different times. The clovertown with seems very interesting to me is arriving in Q1 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom