Intel's, April 22nd Price cut chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah! the 6000 went down that much? How much can it overclock? Granted it cant beat the E6600 when both are overclocked but at that price it may just be a **** of a lot better bang for buck.

Woah! the 6000 went down that much? How much can it overclock? Granted it cant beat the E6600 when both are overclocked but at that price it may just be a **** of a lot better bang for buck.

Wow, the E6600 overclocks that well? I had been wondering the same thing. I plan to build a computer in the coming months and had decided on the E6600 since it's both cheep and highly recommended, but when I read that the Q6600 was going down to 266 dollars, I wondered if it would be better to buy it instead.

yea lol....no K9 as Core 2 Duo was such a huge hit in AMD's plans the K9 wasn't even fast enough...
Actually, they just didn't want to use the "K9" designation, I think because it sounds like "canine"

They started making K8L, and renamed it to K10. There was never a separate K9 architecture in development.

From what I've seen the E6600 and X2 6000 are about the same in performance at stock speeds and the E6600 overclocks much better. So I would consider the E6600 as a better bang for the buck when it drops to $224.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom