Intel X58SO mobo vs. others

Status
Not open for further replies.

albino

Solid State Member
After reading, reading, and reading... I am trying get a list of parts together.

Simply put, is there a reason why no one buys a strait Intel mobo (X58SO) to run in their gaming rig? There seems to be issues with the ASUS mobo.

I was reading the reviews on Newegg about the Asus P6X58D Premium, and there seem to be quite a few "ram not reading", and "dead ram slots". It also seemed like it was kind of picky on which ram it liked. Other than that it got high reviews, I just don't want to order something that might be a crap shoot on quality.

I would almost rather give up a little bit of performance for something that might be a little more dependable; but there again, I have no idea if my concerns are justified.

Well a certain percentage of every model of mobo made will have a problem or defect. If more people bought Intel mobo's you would see more problems with them also. You also have to understand that a large percentage of the users reporting problems at Newegg are not that knowledgeable and the problems they have are mostly self-inflicted.

With that said, the P6X58D Premium is a pretty good board, I haven't seen any issues posted here, or so few I can't remember the last one. I would definitely go with the Asus over the Intel.

EVGA has the best Support and RMA policy that I know of, this board supports the newest features.
Newegg.com - EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-KR LGA 1366 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom