Intel will drop the prices on July 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
he didnt mention that tho, i just answered his question lol. but yeah that would be better and cheaper.

I don't know about the q6600, do four cores even help that much at this point? And i haven't had the best times overclocking.

The quad core is really tempting for that price. But if you want to get high overclocks, I will suggest the E6550. Quad cores heat up alot, when overclocked. They also don't overclock, as high as dual cores.

im basically looking for what would give me better performance. Programs aren't really made to work with 4 cores yet, so i don't see an advantage unless i set everything to affinities. And for only 266, ill go ahead for the higher clocked version, and maybe overclock even higher.

yeah well the thing doesn't even come out till late june. I probably wont get it right away, as im on vacation the first and last weeks of june, so i wont have the money till like early july. But after the GPU upgrade im about to make( 880gts 320) ill then upgrade mid summer to a new processor. THen late summer im looking at vista, if the kinks are worked out, and the step up program to buy a gtx. Oh, and a car, lol(camaro FTW) and before you ask, im workin 2 jobs this summer. One purely for the car and the other for computer/paintball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom