Intel Vs AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm a power:weight ratio kind of guy, you know what I mean? I'm no fanboy, I buy what's best for the least $. I'm not biased, I simply paid attention in history class when we covered "capitalism and industry". Intel has the financial MIGHT to underprice AMD, and we have seen that with the repeated price cuts. They make offers we can't refuse. Honestly, I don't care how "good" AMD's new chip is. I don't need it, and neither do most gamers. Intel's cheapo processors can OC to 3GHz, which is more than enough for us, unless you own SLI'd GTX's or something. So even if AMD's K10 spanks the C2D, they will need to sell it for still relatively cheap to beat Intel. "On top" in my book means becoming the gaming standard. Who cares if it beats Intel if you need DDR3/1K psu/and a semester of college worth of gfx cards to use it. AMD will need to bite the bullet.... HARD... if they want to make themselves a viable choice for mid-end gamers. That's all I'm saying.

Your statement is invalid since Intel still can't beat AMD on price.

...price/performance for overclockers yeah probably...but the enthusiast part of the market doesn't make or break either company...and the overclocker part of the enthusiast market is even smaller.

I think you're jumping to conclusions way too quickly. We don't know how much Barcelona will sell for...and AMD claims it to be up to 40% faster than the Core architecture.

We've got to wait at least until some actual engineering samples are released and tested before we go around passing judgment...

i really think to k10 is gonna kill intel. ive always liked intel better but, after the r600 i think they gonna work really hard to not lose their main product range.

Who the @#$ wants a $69 cpu/s939 single core mobo combo? I'm talking about gamers and people who have decent cards (8800GTS+)

okay a mobo/cpu comprable to mine:
e2160 (not quite convinced this is a good as a 3600, but for the sake of argument, ok)
and lets say a p5n-e sli 650i. i would compare 590 sli, but the only one i can find for intel is ridiculously expensive.
these two things together cost 220.00 or so.
my x2 3600 and evga 590 sli cost 160.00
so, no...intel cant beat amd on price. the two mobo/cpu combos above are REAL similar in performance, and im not gonna start the same old argument by saying which i think is actually better.
but it is pretty obvious which is cheaper.

Can't we Inties and Amies, just get along....

I don't really care about which side. I just go for whatever is the best right now.

Who the @#$ wants a $69 cpu/s939 single core mobo combo? I'm talking about gamers and people who have decent cards (8800GTS+)

umm no you were talking about economics....and I was saying that Intel is not underpricing AMD so you're statement is incorrect.

I'm not biased, I simply paid attention in history class when we covered "capitalism and industry". Intel has the financial MIGHT to underprice AMD, and we have seen that with the repeated price cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom