Intel Sheds Light on "Penryn" Enhancements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yar! Good point, and if AMD's better pricing model holds true for the Phenom X4 then it's going to be a good quarter for them, until intel's quadcore prices drop.

I'm just going to wait for the benchmark comparisons before I decide on anything. I hope both AMD and Intel will do their best to beat each other to death so we as consumers get the best value for money. Same goes for ATI and NVIDIA too really.

Yar! Good point, and if AMD's better pricing model holds true for the Phenom X4 then it's going to be a good quarter for them, until intel's quadcore prices drop.

u mean til Intel releases non-EE versions of them

but AMD is gonna dominate til, the regular Yorkfields come out, then we'll have to see what happens after that....

Looks like i got in too late again.

The dividers look like a nice improvement but in real world usage i dont know what it will mean.

The virtualization stuff means very little to anybody who isn't running multichip server/mainframe arrays.

the cache boost is good and thats a lot of cache there. wow 16mb. I remember when that was the ram in a computer. lol

As for SSE4 programmers as i have said before are lazy and rarely write optimized code. Like all of the extra instruction sets that came before it, SSE4 will not get used until years after it becomes a standard feature.

I do like how you went right out and made a verbal attack on the "amd fanboys" out there. I still maintain that Phenom will be a fast chip and the small Improvemnts form Intel chips wont be enough to counter them. To surpass the phenom IMO we will need to wait for the generation of chips AFTER penryn.

of course there is nothing wrong with this sionce historically they keep leapfrogging each other. keeps technology improving and keeps prices low.

dont be a hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom