Intel Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0ntcar3

In Runtime
Been a long time since i've posted here but i remember a lot of people having really good opinions about everything.

Anyways, the Q6600, just curious of peoples opinions on it. Is getting a dual core right now going to run better as most games aren't taking advantage of all 4 cores yet?

I'll be playing things like TF2, COD4, UT3 etc. And Crysis as soon as i upgrade my graphics card.

I also minor video editing/photoshop.

get the q6600 its future proof atm, u can overlock it to 3.6 ghz on air cooling with like tuniq or true.

Get the Q6600. You will like it, OC's well, and you will see a difference on your video editing. Also, look at it this way. Why run a 2 core and have it running at max when you can run 4 cores and only be using 50% of the CPU power running the same apps. In the future when apps come out that take advantage of all 4 cores, you will not have to upgrade either.

Thanks for the advice :). I'll definitely get the Q6600 then. I get it for 50% of retail :D so it will be nice getting a really nice processor for that cheap.

It should be a huge increase from my p4

Okay sooo.... the person who was getting me the deal on the Q6600 can no longer do so as she has already bought that processor and i guess she only gets 50% off once per model. So now i can get the Q6700 about 270 as it's retail is 540 on newegg.

Seems like i'm reading more bad reviews about the Q6700 then the 6600. What's the difference other then the price and it jumps to 2.66?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom