Intel prices its first 45nm processor, to hit the market in 4Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Intel's first 45nm processor is expected be a quad-core Core 2 Extreme, to be launched in the fourth quarter of this year priced at US$999, according to sources at motherboard makers

The processor will have a frequency of 3.33GHz, a 1333MHz FSB (front side bus) and 12MB L2 Cache, up from 8MB previously, according to the sources.

Intel has not yet provided any model number, added the sources.

In addition to the quad-core Core 2 Extreme processor, there will be two performance level quad-core processors adopting a 45nm process launched soon after, with both processors adopting a 1333 MHz FSB and 12MB L2 Cache. Another four 45nm dual-core processors (Wolfdale) will be launched in the first half of 2008. Three of the processors will adopt a 1333MHz FSB and 6MB L2 Cache, while the remaining one will adopt a 1066MHz FSB and 3MB L2 Cache, noted the sources.

Intel was not available for comment at the time of publication.

Source

Time to use that savings account.

yea this is not that much of a surprise to me i was thinking 900 bucks already so this is just around there

eh im waiting for AMD to pull off something big to make the prices come down

nearly £500 is to expensive! I am looking on geting a new AMD processor soon so I guess I will be paying a load for that yes I am geting the quad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom