Intel Multi-Core Game Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
http://www.intel.com/cd/ids/developer/asmo-na/eng/337398.htm

This is the binary and source of a demo we created to show how games can take advantage of multi-core processors. It's dead simple - you control a cannon facing down a terrifying, lethal... castle. Knock it down, put it back up and then knock it down again!

Pretty cool demo, to kill some time.

How many FPS do you guys get?
I never go below 130 on 1680 x 1050. Max is 250-260.

Should of just called it a tech demo instead....heh...But it's pretty cool to play around with.

Supreme Commander does multi-thread more than most games though...it sees a small increase with a Quad-Core.

Whoa huge increase from single to multithreaded, brings up the question why isnt 64 bit utilized more by programs and games?

interesting....I get about 25-60fps in single threaded and it never goes below about 140 at 1360x768 4x multisampling

Whoa huge increase from single to multithreaded, brings up the question why isnt 64 bit utilized more by programs and games?

Because Programming Drivers and Software for 64 Bit is slightly harder than what the majority of the world already uses.

(Kinda similar) To add to that, theres really no incentive to do mass reasearch and development on 64 Bit Software and OS's at the current time because the masses aren't ready. ( I.e not enough profit would be made at this time)

Developing the Hardware is alot easier than developing the software to run on it.
Which is why Hardware is so far ahead of what Can run on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom