Intel E8400 vs. Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
for a quad 2 4ghz he is going to need water anyway unless its a qx or q9650, and a q6600 will pull that off with water to if you get a good chip like mine or veeds.

new q9650 are 600.00 the qx's are 1000.

oh phew. I don't feel so bad now haha. I'm trying not to part out the system atm. be easier to at least break even with the new rig costs.

I'm pretty sure I read of someone getting their q6600 to 4ghz on air :/ meh

oh phew. I don't feel so bad now haha. I'm trying not to part out the system atm. be easier to at least break even with the new rig costs.

I'm pretty sure I read of someone getting their q6600 to 4ghz on air :/ meh

with what temps? and do they live in an egloo cause i have a tuniq, lapped and my cpu lapped, and some as5 thermal paste, i get 38c idle at 3.6 and 60c idle at 4.0 my goal is this witner when its -40 outside to set my computer up o na table and try and get it to 4.0 stable that or leave a window open all day while my dads @ work.
also on ebay you can fidn new qx9650's for 650.

for a quad 2 4ghz he is going to need water anyway unless its a qx or q9650, and a q6600 will pull that off with water to if you get a good chip like mine or veeds.

All the E0 stepping quads will do that with ease on AIR...and many of the C1 steppings will too (i had a qx9650 that did 4.2ghz 1.38V which is more than do-able on air)....also they are 10-20% faster clock for clock so a 65nm quad would have to be clocked to 4.4-4.8ghz to achieve similar performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom