Intel CPU question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Envy

In Runtime
Is a Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz any good...that seems pretty fast...faster then the fx.....someone please fill me in on this..Im lost...

Faster than the FX what? Thats a Dual Core CPU. At this point AMD's dual core CPU's are better performers.

Unknown Envy said:
Is a Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz any good...that seems pretty fast...faster then the fx.....someone please fill me in on this..Im lost...

If you're talking about the AMD FX series, then no... It will get crapped on by every FX series processor.

Clock speed isn't what you need to look at anymore. The companies, namely AMD, have been improving their processor not by ramming up the clock speed, but increasing efficiency. If you want to know which processor gets more work done in a given time, post up here and ask.

Ryan

Oh ok...sorry for asking stupid question....I just was suprised...and thought maybe it might be faster....my bad..

If you are talking about the new presler cores, then nobody here can give you an answer, as nobody here has seen any reviews or benchmarks, and nobody owns one.

i_will_use_google_before_asking_dumb_que_3.jpg

Unknown Envy said:

You've been here for how long and you don't know the difference between AMD and Intel CPUs?

That 3.0 ghz Pentium is equal to an Athlon 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom