Intel® Core™ i3 (New PC Gaming) Advice Needed

Vendetta1

Baseband Member
I have to purchase a PC for my little brother, he wants to play heavy games on it like Assains Creed, GTA etc. I've visited market and got a quotation. Following are specifications of quotation of New PC:

Processor
Intel® Core™ i3-3220 Processor (3M Cache, 3.30 GHz)

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 64bit Trial
MS-Office 2010 (free Trial)
MacAfee Antivirus (free Trial)

Chipset
Intel® H61 Chipset
Form factor Micro Atx

Audio
Realtek ALC887 audio codec - High Definition Audio - 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel

Lan Support
Gigabit Ethernet controller

Peripheral interfaces
Eight USB 2.0 ports (4 external ports, 4 via internal headers)
4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
One parallel port header
One Serial Header

Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 2500
Graphics Base Frequency 650 MHz
Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 1.05 GHz
Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology Yes
# of Displays Supported 3

Memory
Support for DDR3 1333 MHz DIMMs
2GB DDR3 Memory, 1333MHz
World famous Corsair reliability and performance
Speed Rating PC3-10600 (1333MHz)

Storage
500GB SATA 6Gb/s NCQ 16mb Cache Barracuda

Chassis
Airflow optimized - mesh on front panel, air vents on top, side panel, and bottom
Supports up to 7 fans, including one pre-installed 120mm rear fan
Tool-free mechanical design for quick assembly
Dust filters at top and bottom for easy maintenance
6 HDD bays and 7 expansion slots provides a plenty of expansion

Power Supply
Output Capacity 420 Watts
Hold Up Time >17ms
Efficiency >70%
Fan 120MM

This whole thing is costing me USD $325 in my country, which is approx equal to my budget. I need advice that is this machine is feasible to buy keeping in view the gaming purpose?. Any modifications you recommend? Further also check graphics I think they are built-in, do I need a separate graphic card or this built-in is good. Thanks in advance for your advices.

The CPU and board are potentially fine, but the IGP cannot handle games with sufficient FPS.

You will need to get a graphics card to put in there. Another problem is the RAM. 2GB of RAM is not enough for a gaming machine. You need at a minimum 4GB, and that is pushing it these days.

The CPU and board are potentially fine, but the IGP cannot handle games with sufficient FPS.

You will need to get a graphics card to put in there. Another problem is the RAM. 2GB of RAM is not enough for a gaming machine. You need at a minimum 4GB, and that is pushing it these days.

If I install 2 GB graphic card and 4BG ram, then it be fine? Further then what will be the use of Intel HD built-in, it will be useless? Is there any substitute for motherboard which has no Built-in card so my cost is saved or this is fine?

All Intel mainstream processors starting from the second generation Core i on up has an IGP. It simply gets disabled if a dedicated card is installed. The motherboard has nothing to do with it.

Depends on the graphics card in question. There are cheapo GPUs with a large amount of VRAM which are absolutely pointless. If you want him to have decent performance, I suggest at least a 650ti. Though, that's probably well out of your budget.

Back
Top Bottom