Intel Core Duo 2 E6600 or E6700

Status
Not open for further replies.

yobrojas

Baseband Member
I am going to upgrade my computer and I am trying to decide whether to get the Intel E6600 or E6700. The E6600 is 2.40GHz and the E6700 is 2.67GHz, does this mean per core or overall speed. I use my computer for gaming and lots of graphics and cpu intensive tasks, so what woud people recommend I get?

Also how does the AMD X2 5200 compare to the Intel E6600/E6700?

Thanks in advanced.

first off the AMD X2 5200 is **** compared to a high end Core 2

and personally i would save my money and get the E6600, you could easily oc to the same specs as the E6700

He's right, with a little bit of overclocking you could probably get just as good or better performance out of an e6600

Thank very much people. I'll go for the E6600 then and that shoud save me a few bucks to get some better RAM.

no prob.. if you get a ds3 .. go for this gskill ram its 209 at newegg.. if not.. you need to make sure the mem is running 1.8v or lower... if not you will need to buy a stick so you can set it in the bios... its in another thread around here...lol

Correct me if I'm wrong. If the e6600 is OCed to X6800 speeds, it can rival it?

not if its overclocked like mine lol. and think of this your pushing that 6600 to its limits and a x6800 isn'teven breaking a sweat

ya.. everyone is overrating these conroe's by far.. lots of people are talking like amd's are POS now.... its rediculous... in real life performance.. you probably won't notice the difference.. only in stupid benchmarks.. and maybe like 30 seconds in burning a cd... whoop d' frickin do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom