Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 prices in 6 Months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Ive been reading some reviews on this bad boy chip and kinda wished I had waited a few more weeks to save the money to buy one! Its my Slide-Show Flight Sim X Solution! Do you think these chips will be under $400 in 6 months? Id love to get one.

As far as installation, is at as easy as simply swapping processor chips? Or is it more involved
'

Id have thought it was a straight swap yes because if you buy retail it will come with everything necessary to run i.e fan/heatsink, as long as your mobo supports the chip it will slot straight in

uh i forgot the swap thing, ya its easy as long as ur mobo supports, but if it can run core 2 duo, there s a good chance on the quad cores

QX6700 does nothing for FSX. Compared to my E6600 @2.66 (everything else the same, ram, mobo, vid card) it ran at the exact same FPS. Just so you know, so when the duals go down maybe a 6600 or 6400 would be a better option.
edit: I see you already have a 6400....

****! If thats the case, the only other thing I can do is go SLI, and I hear that SLI does not help much. Im already OCed at 3.2 GHZ, why the **** does FSX run so slow? Will DX10 make it run faster? Also, if I had Vista installed, would it would run any faster?

the q6600 will drop to 530 around april.. the qx6700 probably won't be dropping anytime soon... look at the x6800 its still 980ish dollars... dont' expect extreme editions to go down... the pentium extreme is still a buttload of money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom