Intel Core 2 Duo Question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4
Question Intel Core 2 Duo Question

Hi eveyone..
i am planning to have a Core 2 Duo system in the near feature...
and while i was doing research on Core2Duo or AM2..
i came to this review

Intel's Core 2 Review from AnandTech

Quote:
"While Intel's Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme processors will be released at the beginning of Q3 of this year it will take some time for all of Intel's shipments to be Conroe based. The scary statistic is that by the end of this year, only 25% of Intel's Performance Mainstream desktop processor shipments will be based on Conroe. The remaining 75% will still be NetBurst based, meaning they will be Pentium 4, Pentium D and Pentium Extreme Edition.

..."

is this still a problem at the present moment?
or this problem never happens..

Thank you
__________________

DummieDude is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,010
Default

The problem is uninformed buyers, meaning the 25% is informed enthusiasts or people who just chose anything that is in their price range. The other 75% are people who think Ghz count or they are buying a PC for internet use.

You buy a Core 2 Duo you get one. (Is this what you are asking?)
__________________

__________________

Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+, 1/3 through CCNP
Trifid is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4
Default

Sorry, i should have state it more clear.

My question is would the Core2Duo CPU i bought now be based on the Conroe? or having a high chance that the Core2Duo will be based on NetBurst .

Thank you
DummieDude is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hard Gay Nahalem! Fooo!
 
NosBoost300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bellflower, CA
Posts: 10,154
Send a message via AIM to NosBoost300
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DummieDude
Sorry, i should have state it more clear.

My question is would the Core2Duo CPU i bought now be based on the Conroe? or having a high chance that the Core2Duo will be based on NetBurst .

Thank you
that little part of the article was just saying that most home pc's are still going to use p4's instead of conroe's and allendale because people are more interested in ghz than other hightech mumbojumo..

and if they were giving something other than what they advertised.. they'd have some big lawsuits on them
NosBoost300 is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4
Default

All clear, thank you
DummieDude is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.