intel config - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2005, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default $2000 Budget

can someone configure a gaming rig for me? i want to play battlefield 2 with it on high graphics.

intel processor
Must have nVidia GPU
1 Hard Drive 160GB
Under $2000

Old 10-15-2005, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Do a search, this has been brought up many times, especially in the last month.

Old 10-15-2005, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Intel Pentium 4 3.8Ghz
2GB CorsairValue ram
Geforce 7800GTX
Asus or Gigabyte mobo
Old 10-15-2005, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to PZEROFGH

why do you HAVE to have intel and nvidia. do a search its been covered. but amd is better.
AIM/Xfire - pzerofgh
Old 10-15-2005, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member (again)
Send a message via AIM to macdude425 Send a message via Yahoo to macdude425

Exactly...when someone says they HAVE to have Intel and nVidia, that's narrow mindedness.

Debian Support Forums!
Old 10-16-2005, 03:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

I have to agree that the build you want is kinda biased towards companies who represent and advertise themselves better which doesn't help at all with performance. At the moment yes Nvidia is the way to go, but if you will be ordering the part after lets say November 5th.....Then ATI would be very worthwhile to look into. Also choosing an Intel processer over AMD for gaming is like choosing a van over a trans am for racing. No offense to the intel gamers....However few....But thats what I feel. I don't know anything about Intel builds, but if you decide to try out AMD then I have some good suggestions since I am making a gaming build around 2k too......
Old 10-17-2005, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to trigger_sad

Antec P180 Case ($130)
Intel Pentium 4 640 (3.2Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache) ($200)
Thermaltake BigWater SE Watercooling System ($130)
ASUS P5ND2-SLI Motherboard ($170)
OCZ Gold Series (2x1GB DDR533) ($300)
2 x 7800GTX in SLI mode ($450x2) = ($900)
DVD Burner and DVD-Rom = ($70)
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS= ($80)
TOTAL = $1980

You called the guy biased for wanting intel and Nvidia and then all you do is shove AMD on him, you're the ones that are biased.

So thats close to my setup except i'm gonna be using the Asus P5WD2-P board, X1800XT (when it comes out) OCed, and 4x512MB pqi Turbo to save myself some money. Oh and the P4 640 is a good choice because its easily overclockable to 4.0GHz if you know what you're doing. Enjoy.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Field Engineer
Send a message via AIM to SHAWN

Research your questions then return to this thread.
A+, Network + , HP Certified Tech and MCP

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Asus M477TD, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 1T, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, ATi HD4650, W7, 27" HL272 Monitor
Old 10-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Techie

You called the guy biased for wanting intel and Nvidia and then all you do is shove AMD on him, you're the ones that are biased.
He says he must have nvidia, which is ok for now since they have the cards to get unless your looking into x800xl. But on Nov.5 they will release the x1800xt in which he should compare it to the 7800GTX and then decide instead of just wanting nvidia. Both companies are good therefore you should look into both of them instead of just one.

As for Intel, AMD is better for gaming and he wants a gaming build. People seeing this suggest AMD knowing this, thats all. I too think he should get AMD but if he wants Intel then ok, his money. I am not biased against Intel in performance, just image(Intel is the only one of the two most people know about due to advertising, and threaten companies to use their processers only or else). Intel's performance for gaming just doesn't beat AMD. That may change someday and if it does then I will suggest Intel. Intel is going to a 9os architecture, and might be competition to AMD in gaming performance. For AMD fans out there, it could happen even though it might not look likely. No one predicted that Rome, the empire that ruled the civilized world and the military envy of the world, would fall like it did. Long explanation, but it all in all says why me and others push AMD for gaming although that might not be the case for everyone....
Old 10-17-2005, 05:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Techie

dude what are u talking about he wants nivida and intel give him nvidia and intel that what he wants. so give him what he wants. so u like ati and that your opipon he likes nvidia. intel to amd is not liek a van to tran that overestimating.

1365 spend the rest on some speakers and gamign mouse and keyboard.

Closed Thread