Intel, or AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jared17

In Runtime
I know I've posted a thread a few days ago where I asked everyone which AMD or Intel processor would be better to use, but I just can't make up my mind whether or not I want to go AMD or Intel, and its really frustrating.

My Budget is about 300 CAD, at the very most. I'm leaning more towards AMD, but then I always end up hearing something good about Intel that makes me second guess my decisions, I'm trying to build my computer for more of a gaming computer, and I'm definatly going dual core. I was thinking of the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, but again, that decision is up in the air.

I guess what I'm looking for is other people opinions on which would be better, as I'm kind of new to all of this.

Jared

Core 2 duo vs AMD X2...

Core2Duo will win everytime, but the human eye wont be able to catch alot of the difference in gaming imo. Thats if both CPU's are running with decent stuff.

Core2Duo = Faster but expensive

AMD X2 = Slower but still good and reliabe. Also its way cheaper.

exactly what he said^

AMD is just so cool though!!!!!

lol......yea unfortunately for me( AMD fanboy) Intels new core 2 duo is faster. so if you want top of the line make sure u go tih INtel, but wait around and see what AMD has coming.....;)

I think I'm going to go with Intel, even though like yourself I really wanted to go AMD. I was really disappointed to see that in alot of reviews that AMD got beat by Intel, but I guess whats the way its going to have to be for now.

But after reading reviews I think I'm going to go with the Core 2 Duo E6300, because its affordable, and it seems like it is a good overclocker as well. Now to find a motherboard to pair it with that wont cost more then 150:p

Yeah, I've seen many AMD fans saying that 'Intel has won this round' and things like that, so if you really want performance, go for Intel.. More expensive though.. But if you wait a little while, AMD should top Intel's attempt.

I would wait but unfortunatly I'm going to be going to school soon and well, I need this computer built fast haha. I'm really trying my best to build a machine capable of running Vista, but without costing me a load of money either, I'm trying to keep every one of my purchases for any one part under 300 dollars, because I need to be able to save for school as well as build the computer, and by keeping my purchases under 300 I am able to accomplish that...I hope.

thats why u go for the core 2 duo e6300 for 180$. i guess if u are willing to wait, the price will go down. but its still pretty good bang for the buck right now.

That was the plan:)..but its still pretty pricey in Canada, about 300 bucks after tax, not including shipping. Compared to the 4200+ I was going to get, which was only 230, exculinding tax and shipping. But I guess in the long run the Intel is the better way to go due to its overclockability and overall performance.

Jayvon said:
Core 2 duo vs AMD X2...

Core2Duo will win everytime, but the human eye wont be able to catch alot of the difference in gaming imo. Thats if both CPU's are running with decent stuff.

Core2Duo = Faster but expensive

AMD X2 = Slower but still good and reliabe. Also its way cheaper.

Expensive? E6300 = $180

I've never really tried AMD, but Im really really impressed with my new Intel Core 2 Duo. It runs my games perfectly, and my graphics cards isnt even top of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom