Intel from AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisKory

Solid State Member
I get Intel processors on every computer I build but this time im thinking of getting a AMD and was wondering what the comparisons are... I dont know how to say this good but like is 3.0 GHz the same as whatever AMD's is. Like 3.0 GHz is the same as 3800 AMD processor. If you understand me I just want to know what that is. Like 3.4 GHz is the same speed as 4200 and 3.6 is the same as 4400?

this kind of post has been smashed to dust by so many people... try searching

a general rule is that the number (3000 for example) will be eq to the 3.0 ghz intel processor

so take the AMD number, and divide by 1000 to get how many ghz - APPROXIMATALLY

but please... try searching (its the little button at the top next to FAQ)

yes it works that way

im glad nobody is gonna argue about which one is better

haha its such an opinionated topic :(

AMD has stated numerous times that the P-rating is the theoritical speed of the processor if it was running at its "true" clock frequencies...I have no idea what that means and obviously it becomes difficult to intrepret once you get into crap like X2 4800+ however I assume that means the equivelent of roughly a single threaded netburst instruction executed at about ~4.8GHz

A 1.9 Ghz Intel Processor is the same as a 2.0 AMD processor ("Conroe / AM2 standards").

A 2.0 Ghz Processor from AMD is a 3.0 Ghz Intel processor ("Pentium4 / Athlon standards")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom