Intel 6600 2.4GHz Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
I just installed Vista Ultimate on my PC and its running kind of slow. I have 2 gigs of ram and 512 video card. Runs XP great but vista kind of dogs. A friend of mine told me there is a patch for Intel 6600 to make it run better with Vista does anyone have any additional information for me about this. My friend does not knows a lot about Intel he is mostly an AMD guy.

I think the patch is on the windows XP disc.

You'll have to reformat back to XP to get that patch.

j/k of course...

how does it run like a dog? Windows seem to be slow to pop up? Overall feel is quite a bit slower?

do u have the quad or duo? I have the duo and have xp and vista 64bit ultimate and i do not have that problem. Vista automatically downloads and install the drivers i need, maybe uninstall all the drivers vista has done and reinstall them?

i have the quad 6600 and vista it runs like a dream.

any available patches should be gotten through windows update. which is a Must run if you install vista. other then that i've no clue.

A couple of days ago microsoft released an update for vista that "Improved stability on intel chips" im pretty sure thats what ur friend is talking about.

Would be swell if they would release a patch that "improves stability when using 4gb of memory" stupid vista.

more like stupid microsoft.

All this money were paying for an operating system
and they cant release a single operating system thats not buggy. So they make you download an update almost every week or so that has to restart your computer just to fix this security or stability issue that they were reluctant to catch.

The only reason im using windows now is because the other operating systems havent become mainstream yet..
therefor they have less support from companies leaving the community to make the drivers for hardware. Making playing games on them almost impossible. And the only alternative that even has

****.. i cant wait until linux takes over.

i never have any problems with vista. it runs great on a new high end pc. its basically the same as what xp was when it was first released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom