Insufficient Mainboard USB Hookups for Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
Yea, apparently the MSI P6N LSI Platinum motherboard I bought has only two hookups for case USB borts (JUSB1, JUSB2 -- 4 ports). My case has three (JUSB1, JUSB2, JUSB3 -- 6 ports) on the front, and I don't want to leave any dead ports. Is there an add-on or anything I could use to plug in the extra USB ports? I looked at USB PCI cards, but they all have only USB ports on them that I've seen so far, and not the hookups for case ports.

If anyone can point me to an adapter or PCI card that will supply me with at least one additional hookup (and maybe also some additional USB ports on the back), that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

what does the JUSB on the case look like, flat connector or a rectangular one. Thats because each JUSB on the mobo, the two by 4 and 5, supports four ports or two pairs.

Each one has nine pins in 2x5 rectangle (with one empty square in the corner). Each one on the case supplies two ports, and if I understand the manual, the ones on the motherboard are the same.

whenever you go to sleep, you think about those two dead ports and how your rig isnt perfect ;)

Or because when you're building the system for someone else, or want to sell it, having two dead ports on the front is Really Bad....

A USB PCI card, as Vern suggested, would be a good way to get them plus maybe a firewire port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom