Installing MB Drivers

BRreed

In Runtime
MSI 970A-G43 Win 8x64

Only 2 drivers are showing. Is this normal or am I missing something?
MSI USA ? Motherboard - 970A-G43

Im also concerned about updating the bios. I know nothing about this at all and it looks like there is some potential for damage. Am I likely to run into problems if I leave it alone?
MSI has Live Update 5, but it looks like its not a good idea to use it for anything other than drivers.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Some mobo's don't have a lot of drivers. That can be normal for either new boards, or ones they don't support fully any more.

As for the bios, you can leave it alone, as it wouldn't hurt anything, but most people (including me) suggest to update it. It's very rare that your bios would get corrupt from doing an update, but It did happen to me on one board. (All I did was do an RMA and they gave a me a new one)

I've also found that MSI Live 5 wants to install product bloat on your machine (if you let it) as well, so I stopped using it when I had an MSI board. You can go right to the website to find any drivers you need without Live 5. Personally I would uninstall it, so you don't have the hassle.

Most times when you see a lack of drivers for the board, either the operating system version is not supported for that mother board or most likely in your case, Windows 8 already has the native drivers so MSI does not have a link to native drivers already within the operating system

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. For now I think im going to leave the bios alone and instal the 2 drivers listed. Hopefully I wont have any problems.

General rule for BIOS updates: don't update it unless something isn't working and the update would solve something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Back
Top Bottom