Info on the 9600 GSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

eipnvn

Baseband Member
I've got a 7950 and have been looking around recently for a DX10 card. I've checked out some reviews of the cards like this one but can't seem to figure out this whole numbering system. GSO, GT, and GS... I do play some games, COD4, Crysis, etc, which have worked ok with the 7950, but was just considering an upgrade if I could do it pretty inexpensively. The card I was looking at is an XFX 9600 GSO 768 DDR2 card. I'm a bit strapped for cash, so I was looking at the lower end of cards - or should I just be patient and wait?

XFX GeForce 9600 GSO Video Card - 768MB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Link DVI, SLI Ready PVT96OSDFH at TigerDirect.com

Other recommendations?

is DX10 a big enough deal that I should consider upgrading even if it costs a bit more? And if so, any recommendations for around $150?

The 4850 looks nice - real nice. And a pretty good deal it seems as well. I've never in my life had an ATI card though. Is there anything comparable Nvidia offers for around the same price? Not that I have anything against ATI, I'm just already familiar with Nvidia stuff. Or am I better off sticking with ATI now?

Right now for that price, AMD is just winning in terms for bang for the buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom