Indeed, Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the 2.67Ghz version was going to be $300, and something like $500 for like a 3Ghz version.

I checked out XtremeSystems and a few of the people there already own a Conroe. they posted pics of their step by step OC, and the performance of the E6400 was amazing to say the least. from 2.13Ghz to 3.0 on *stock* voltage.

so i'm with mass in waiting for conroe

Ridlyn said:
I thought the 2.67Ghz version was going to be $300, and something like $500 for like a 3Ghz version.

What can I say, you thought wrong. Even without a $300 2.67GHz Conroe, these prices are AMAZING.

@ Jinru; Indeed, the overclocking potential is amazing. I'm going to try to get the forst couple of batches as they overclock the best.

Yeah. Their 65nm chips won't be out until late 2007, so it looks like Conroe will make a big difference in the gaming market until then.

65nm in itself wouldn't make a very big difference, its the new architecture (K8L) that has any chance of topping Conroe. As it stands, AMD has no hope of any Athlon 64 processor it puts out having any chance against Conroe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom