Increase RAM Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it only depends on the temperature. If it's still below 60C on load, you can up the voltage more. But I'd say 1.55v is the max, you'd want to put.

1.4v should make more room for overclocking. And I can assure you, it's piece of cake for the C2D to handle.

ok, its just frustrating cus i know it can handle it but anything over 3.6 and the OC will fail about 4/5 times and i dont know why.....any suggestions?

Mainly because you need more voltage on the vcore. So try that first, and see what happens.

Not sure how to check load temps, but idle temps are pretty much 35celcius no matter what voltage I'm at.

I'm using Everest but it says my Aux Temp (which im guessing is cpu temp) is 35celcius. cpu core is now a little over 1.5v (1.5375 if i remeber correctly) @3.7 but the OC still fails.

Also, in the PC Health section of the BIOS it said under, DDR18V: FAIL, what does that mean?

also, orthos says vcore is 1.49v and cpuz says its 1.225v...wth?

Wow thats a lot of volts to hit 3.6. I was able to boot and play most of my games on my q6600 at 3.6 with only 1.325V. What stepping is your cpu.

Or did i somehow read the question wrong.

1.325 vcore at 3.6? Hmmm. I just finished a stress test at 1.325v running at 3.3 witha 9x multiplier. Got to 7 hours and 30 minutes and the the second core stopped in Prime95 so I went to 1.3375v and it should be fine now. Load was around 55 degree give or take 2 with a 23d ambient. How thoroughly are you testing? I thought maybe 8 hours was enough but after that I'm more convinced around the 12 hour mark.

e6750 is much diff than the q6600, and its g0 stepping. im not testing it cus i can tell its unstable when the OC fails about 3 seconds after i hit the power button. vcore is now at 1.55v and its massively annoying cus i should easily be able to get above 3.7ghz, but alas, im still having trouble at anything over 3.5.......help. could other problems lay in other components other than my cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom