impossible build!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he should stick with 6GB of memory if possible. He should just get slightly slower memory, the i7 creates enough memory bandwidth to overshadow the slower speed and or latencies.

He'll still save a little cash with a set of these.
Newegg.com - SUPER TALENT 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Indeed. Depending on what he is doing for video editing, he may need all the RAM he can get. Speed shouldn't matter as much, but capacity will probably make a difference.

Though, it would be good to know if he plans on using a 32bit or 64bit O/S. 6GB of RAM with a 32bit OS is a waste of money.

hy guys.....thanx for the gr8 replies.....really appreciate them:p

OK I read through allllll the parts (They were soooo many) and I think u guys have done an awsome job!!!!

The original build that I adviced him (and that sucked i guess) was:

core i7 920
the intel DX58SO
CM 690 compter chassi
a cooler master 550 W power supply
and a really cheap grafix card...I thnik it was a 7200 GS or 7900 GSO.....I dun remember..

any ways.....for the RAM I had a diffrent plan.....since the board has only 4 slots I decided to go with just ONE stick of 2 GB kingston DDR3 1600Mhz RAM.....and then upgrade later on when my friend had sufficent money for a new Windows 7 64 bit OS and 6 GB of RAM (that will occupy the remaining 3 slots:p)...I think if he buys the system now he'll probebly upgrade in about 4-6 months

right now he already has an OS 32 bit version...

My real concern is that would vedio editing be needing a good grafix card or a gud processor??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom