Important Tech Question Inside! Do Technology Lifetimes Increase or Decrease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadgiveaway

Solid State Member
i7 2.6 quad
6gigs ddr3
raptor 10k

_Sup dawgs. Sorry guys I really dont know how to pose this. There is a question here that I am really curious of. So I posted earlier about this computer I had to buy cus I made a contract so, thats the main components. Its not coming to me untill the 29th. You think it will be Obsolete by then? :rolleyes: How long do you think it will take before I'll have to realistically buy a new computer. :)

*Basically my question boils down to this. Do you think technology is growing (somewhat multiplying in some way?) in its efficiency or do you think everything is relative to its development. Therefore...the most powerful computer 5 years ago will be the same as the most powerful computer Today, 5 years from now? (do you get what im saying?)

ps i know this isnt the most pwerful computer (but in general).

Looking forward to hear your answers.

Hardware doesn't become obsolete immediately. I mean, it stills work and will perform just fine after you've had it for awhile. But a CPU that came out 24 months ago at a certain price relative to a CPU that came out this month or next month at the same price, is going to be better. You can pretty much expect every quarter or half a year something new, just as good or better, for the same price or cheaper. May it be CPUs, GPUs, RAM, HDDs, whatever. It's the nature of the beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom