Im in trouble, please help me tweak this $1000 mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
get a cheaper mobo like people suggested, like the p35 ($20)
get a cheaper case or one from a local supplier
probably be able to save another $20 on a different PSU
get a different brand card if you aren't going to step up

that's about all i can think of, the case seems to be the killer..so try your best just to get a temp one locally maybe? then get the realy one you want

The antec 900 is about as good as the tempest, and it has free shipping right now.

Free shipping everywhere except AK and HI = \. its $10 more then the Tempest and I think the Tempest might be a little better, thats just my opinion though, ive had an antec 900 before and the only bad thing I hated was the dust...and tempest is the same thing but with Dust filters.

I live farther up north near Fairbanks. Ill have to check around for a case but Id really love to get a tempest so I can overclock very well.

I dont want to build my own case thanks for the suggestion though=P

I think Mainly the PSU would save me a lot of money but I dont want to get a $40 PSU if its going to be crappy. Athough I dont really know what defines a crappy PSU..

Hard Drive I changed out for a $59.99 Seagate 250GB HDD and thats where im at atm

& where I live Puerto Rico. It will cost so much to just ship it to us.

You can view the PSU Guide by Ste. It shows the brand to avoid. You need to look at how many amp each rail gets.

i would say stick with the 8800gt (doesnt have to be evga unless step-up like has been said), its a good card if you want a high performance computer. like they said a case from a local supplier would be a good idea, but other than that unless you downgrade your g card price will stick.

the psu i said b4 and the ip35 will save you some cash and the ip35 is a great o/c'er so they would be good choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom