Im stuck on which GPU i should get advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaefong

In Runtime
Hi i am stuck as to if i should get the GTX 260 or ATI 4870 i always been a nVidia fan never tried ATI but i wanted a X38 board the ASUS P5E and i do want crossfire but at the same time i want SLI what should i do someone please show me the light.Oh and if it helps i will be gaming with the new games such as Crysis,COD4,Warhammer,WoW and etc and it will be on a dual 22inch setup.

The HD 4870 is faster and you have better choices of boards if you want Future Expansion..

But I should let you know the GTX 260 Core 216 has the same performance (it has 216 SP's over the amount of the normal GTX 260) with an SLi Chipset.. (SLi doesn't work with multiple monitors but it will after Forceware 180)

and the GTX 260 Core 216 is even better... why no 55nm on it... that was pretty dumb of nVidia...

They have their 9800GTX+ and 9800GT both at 55nm, but why not this card?

Crossfire already does have dual-monitor support. SLI doesn't yet.. (not until the end of September. nVidia is quite slow with the whole advancements in Dual-Card technology for some reason)

Hmm so there's gonna be new drives to support dual monitor support with SLI on September i want the x38 board but at the same time i like nVidia more then ATI what would you guys get?

The new GeForce GTX 200 series looks very promising.

Being out of the loop for awhile, I thought the GeForce 9 series was the top of the line seeing how expensive they use to be roughly a year ago. Then I saw the GTX+ series which I thought was the newer version of the 9 series. Well I was way off because apparently, Nvidia has the even newer GTX 200 series video card that has way more streaming processors, and most have the HDMI adapter too for HD hookups!!!! Some of the lower GTX 260 models have great deals on Newegg right now and it looks like they can perform better than their 9 series counterparts for roughly $50 more.

HD 4870. The X38 board will do much better than any nVidia chipset as everyone has said, and the 4870 performs equal to even the newer revision of the GTX 260 for the same price. Folding really doesn't matter all that much. It's fun for a few weeks, but gets old quick, so trust me, you will be much better off with the 4870.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom