Im so nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

badmojo77

Baseband Member
Got all my parts in to build a new computer... now I have to put it together (first time). Wish me luck.

BTW thannks to all who helped me out on answering all my questions last week.

fuz_master said:
Good luck dude. tip: don't force things in!

Here is my list so far

Prepare the computer case
• Open case
• Mount base screws
• Open expansion slots
Prepare and mount the motherboard
• Mount CPU and CPU cooler
• Mount memory modules
• Mount motherboard onto case
• Connect power supply
Mount the drives
• Mount floppy drive
• Mount hard drive
• Mount CD ROM drive
Connect the drives and motherboard
• Connect floppy drive
• Connect hard drive
• Connect CD ROM drive
Mount video and other add-on cards
• Mount video card
• Mount sound card
• Mount Network Card
Testing and getting ready for operating system
• Power-on for the first time
• Clock speed and memory counting
• Change BIOS

You'll be fine i just built my computer 2 days ago which was my first time. the only difficulty i had was installing the hsf, was really fiddly but you'll get there, i did :).

Make sure you plug in all the case wires before you do any other wireing, that makes it easier.

When you plug the powercords in, think first and make sure you're getting the cleanest route possible (just because it looks better, and could improve airflow).

You will probally have some trouble with the HFS, because they're a pain to attach, but after you put some strength into it - it will go on.

I'm not sure what parts you went with, but if you went with socket 939, there is a lever on the CPU heatsinc. Once you get the tabs in, make sure you push this downward. It feels like it will break, but it won't, just give it some force and it will go down and lock into place. I didn't want to break mine, and I really thought it was going to break.. so I left it up.. then I got CPU temps of 76*C at idle!! So make sure you push the lever down.

If you have trouble, read the section you are on in the manual. If you still don't get it, read it again. Keep reading it until it makes sense.

CrazeD said:
Make sure you plug in all the case wires before you do any other wireing, that makes it easier.

When you plug the powercords in, think first and make sure you're getting the cleanest route possible (just because it looks better, and could improve airflow).

You will probally have some trouble with the HFS, because they're a pain to attach, but after you put some strength into it - it will go on.

I'm not sure what parts you went with, but if you went with socket 939, there is a lever on the CPU heatsinc. Once you get the tabs in, make sure you push this downward. It feels like it will break, but it won't, just give it some force and it will go down and lock into place. I didn't want to break mine, and I really thought it was going to break.. so I left it up.. then I got CPU temps of 76*C at idle!! So make sure you push the lever down.

If you have trouble, read the section you are on in the manual. If you still don't get it, read it again. Keep reading it until it makes sense.

See, thats what I am tallking about.. how do you know how hot your proc runs at?? I know nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom