I'm so confussed! Please help me with my computer purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
You run into the crossroads with what you want. You can do some low level gaming with that, a 24" monitor (LCD so you have response time) would be hard for a 6800GS to pull off, am I correct?

The system Havok built is very nice, if gaming is a secondary, which from what I gather, it is, you should be fine. You'll be very happy with that computer if you decide to build it.

And I suggest that you build it yourself, or go to a local computer repair technician and ask him to assemble it in your stead. When you custom build you can assure quality parts (like those Havok detailed) and you aquire volumes of knowledge.

I would also like the mention that it would be good to have 2GB RAM, its not need for routine Windows operation now, not by a long shot, but when Vista comes around, it will help. Not to mention that it will help when you are multi-tasking.

And at last, thank you very much for making such a wonderfully coherent post. It is neatly space and orgranized with the summary stating "in a nutshell" what you are looking for. I've been on this forum a relativly short time 3-4 months but I've seen to many, "WHICH RAM SHOULD I GET [UNNAMED LINK] OR [UNNAMED LINK 2]" If happy to answer, but at least word it correctly!

Alright, sorry for the rant. But thanks for putting up with it! :D

JasonR said:

The same goes for the hard drive and such. I really care about image quality!!!

lol ... Hard drives don't affect the image quilaty .. Video cards do.

Re: Re: I'm so confussed! Please help me with my computer purchase

Kazama said:
lol ... Hard drives don't affect the image quilaty .. Video cards do.
he is new so go **** off! I hate people like you! Jason if you don't wanna build your own computer just list some specs of some dells or hp's that you are thinking about and we could help you out from there but I would suggest hp more becuase they use AMD.

JasonR said:
Is it true that games won't work using the 2 core chip

Games will work fine with a dual core cpu, they just wont neccesseraly use both cores.

In my opinion i wouldnt buy a dell, my grandad has one and they are nothing but trouble.

Hope that helps a little!

Chris_PC said:
Games will work fine with a dual core cpu, they just wont neccesseraly use both cores.

In my opinion i would buy a dell, my grandad has one and they are nothing but trouble.

Hope that helps a little!

I think you mean you wouldn't buy a Dell.

Ryan

don't you mean change it now? also yes my parents have a dell sure they suck but not for the price. tell me how in the world are you gonna build a pc for 300 USD with a 19 inch CRT monitor with a 3.2 Ghz P4? you can't the monitor is worth about 200 or more since the res is really really good! but I would never buy one sice I am confident in my building skills. now if he wants to build one he is gonna spend more money but get better quality.

Well, Jason.

I Live in Milford, CT. It seems like you live in New Jersey. Depending where in NJ we are probably only 3hrs away at most.

I'll extend out a ( 1 ) time offer to you. If you want to purchase all of the parts and bring them to CT. I'll build it for you and teach you along the way. We could have it built in a few hours.

lol - don't worry, i'm not a freaky lunatic.

PM me if you'd be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom