Im scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

pukgandi

Baseband Member
Okay, i was hooking up the new water cooling case and everythiung was running okay except when i was filling the top with coolant it splashed and a tiny drop got on my video card so i dried it and kept doing what i was doing about an hour later i hook everything up and i turn it on it starts filling im happy. All of a sudden my video card starts smoking so i pull the plug out very quickly. Im on the edge of my seat here does this mean my card is going to be dead for ever? (7800 gt co se 8( ) There seems to be no smoke marks on it and i had the power plug on it and my mobo offf

Once the water evaporates off it, it should be fine. I'm thinking maybe the coolant got hot on the graphics card and in the process of burning off it smoked from the heat. Probably nothing to worry about.

There is a cooling block on the card where the water colling connects through, the splash was on the corner of the card on one of the circuts, same place where i saw the flash, smoke, and smelled a smell :(

Dang best of luck but if it would had evaporated then you should have nothing to worry about But I dought it evaporated that fast becuase it isnt all water.Its like a 25/75 mix or something like that.best of luck again.I guess we all screw up once.Back when I first, First starting taking apart computers I was taking out a CPU and it was a socket CPU and wasnt paying attention and didnt lift the lever that allows the pins to go itno the socket.After I struggled for about a minute I look at the pins and they were almost all bent and tryed to fix them but in the process broke them off.

problem finished
result:
I have to rma it. :(

I found out if i had the pwoer in the video card connected to my psu my computer wont turn on unplug it turns on, back to a 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom